Here is our profile of former Secretary of State and former U.S. Senator from New York, Hillary Clinton.
- Born October 26, 1947 in Chicago, Il.
- Raised politically conservative, campaigned for Barry Goldwater.
- Graduated from Yale Law School in 1973.
- First Lady of Arkansas January 9, 1979 – January 19, 1981 and January 11, 1983 – December 12, 1992.
- First Lady of the United States 1993-2001.
- U.S. Senator from New York 2001-2009.
- Secretary of State 2009-2013.
- Headed a committee on healthcare reform in 1993. HillaryCare lost support from Republicans and Big Pharma and the insurance industry.
- Sees renewable energy as an avenue to grow the economy.
- Is seen as closely tied to Wall Street.
- Opposes regulations for the Financial Industry to prevent another meltdown.
- Agrees with 97 percent of the world’s scientists that climate change is real.
- Would spend $100bn by 2020 on climate change mitigation.
- Claims she helped President Obama get China to sign their first climate change agreement.
- Has come out in favor of the Iran Deal, says it “blocks every pathway for Iran to get a bomb.”
- Has argued for the lifting of the U.S. embargo of Cuba, which has been declared illegal by the UN.
- Voted in favor of the Iraq War in 2003.
- Too many to count.
- Accused of covering up/ having involvement in the attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi, Libya.
- Used a private email server while Secretary of State, on-going speculation that this inappropriate server was hacked and confidential information compromised.
Who will vote for her?
Right-wing and so-called “establishment Democrats”. Clinton also has a lot of support on Wall Street and in the defense industry.
On Russia’s role in Syria